1597 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
Events from the year 1597 in India.
|Years in India:||1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600|
|Centuries:||15th century · 16th century · 17th century|
|Decades:||1560s 1570s 1580s 1590s 1600s 1610s 1620s|
|Years:||1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600|
- Amar Singh I becomes Maharana of Mewar, Udaipur and rules until his death in 1620.
- Dom Francisco de Gama becomes viceroy of India (until 1600)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2012)|
- January 19 - Maharana Pratap, Hindu Rajput ruler of Mewar (born 1540)
- February 5 - Gonsalo Garcia, Roman Catholic Franciscan friar from India (born 1556)
- Danvers. The Portuguese in India: Being a history of the rise and decline ..., Volume 1. p. 488. Retrieved July 12, 2013.
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|