159th Combat Aviation Brigade
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2010)|
|159th Combat Aviation Brigade|
|Branch||United States Army Aviation Branch|
|Part of||101st Airborne Division|
|Distinctive Unit Insignia|
The 159th Combat Aviation Brigade (CAB) is part of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), based at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. The 101st Airborne Division is the only division with two aviation brigades. The other aviation brigade in the division is the 101st Combat Aviation Brigade.
The lineage of the 159th Aviation Brigade is separate from that of the Viet Nam-era 159th Aviation Battalion and the later 159th Aviation Regiment.
It was constituted 16 October 1992 in the Regular Army as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 159th Aviation Group, and activated at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. It was then reorganized and redesignated 16 June 1998 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 159th Aviation Brigade, 101st Airborne Division.
- Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 159th CAB ("Dragonlords")
- 7th Squadron, 17th Cavalry Regiment ("Pale Horse")
- 3rd Battalion, 101st Aviation Regiment ("Eagle Attack")
- 4th Battalion, 101st Aviation Regiment ("Wings Of The Eagle")
- 7th Battalion, 101st Aviation Regiment (GSAB) ("Eagle Lift")
- 563d Aviation Support Battalion ("Keep Them Fighting")
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2012)|