|Type||Privately held company|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California|
Hassell, who has worked in online marketing and as an adventure-focused entrepreneur, founded 15Five in 2011. The original idea for the company came from Patagonia founder Yvon Chouinard, who implemented a weekly "5-15 report" to keep track of his employees and business while he enjoyed his adventurous life.
Hassell and his team implemented a system that involves employees spending "15 minutes to write the reports" while "managers spend no more than 5 minutes to read them." Using this method, 15Five provides fast and easy communication between managers and employees using an interface that Hassell says is based on the design value of "elegant simplicity."
In 2013, 15Five received $1 million in seed funding from venture capital firm Richmond Global, 500 Startups, and investments from individuals, including Yammer founder David O. Sacks, Ustream founder John Ham, former editor of Mashable Ben Parr, Ben Ling of Google and Xobni founder Matt Brezina.
- "'i'm Sorry, Yvon's Out Surfing'". Inc.
- McNicholas, Kym (January 27, 2011). "The Most Connected Man You Don't Know In Silicon Valley". Forbes.
- "Jessica Simon, David Hassell". New York Times. June 11, 2006.
- Sprouter (December 3, 2012). "HelloFax, Contently, 15Five, 42Floors". Financial Post.
- Carney, Michael (January 15, 2013). "15Five raises $1M for a management tool inspired by Patagonia’s founder". PandoDaily.
- Lunden, Ingrid (January 15, 2013). "15Five Wants Employees To Have A Voice, Raises $1M From Yammer’s David Sacks, 500 Startups, Ben Parr And More To Give It". TechCrunch.
- McCorvey, JJ (May 29, 2012). "Must Have: 15Five, Best Way to Keep Track of Employees". Inc.
- Grant, Rebecca (January 15, 2013). "15Five’s feedback platform helps execs work hard, play harder". VentureBeat.
- Steinberg, Scott (March 22, 2012). "5 New Apps & Tech Tools to Try". Yahoo.
- Bury, Erin (January 15, 2013). "15Five Adds $1M from Yammer, Xobni Founders for Weekly Status Update Tool". BetaKit.
- Brown, Stephen E. F. (January 15, 2013). "15Five raises $1 million in seed funding". San Francisco Business Times.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|