15th Academy Awards
|15th Academy Awards|
|Date||March 4, 1943|
|Site||Cocoanut Grove, The Ambassador Hotel, Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Best Picture||Mrs. Miniver|
|Most awards||Mrs. Miniver (6)|
|Most nominations||Mrs. Miniver (12)|
The 15th Academy Awards was held in the Cocoanut Grove at The Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles. Best Picture honors went to the film Mrs. Miniver. The ceremony is most famous for the speech by the film’s Oscar-winning actress Greer Garson. Garson’s acceptance speech as Best Actress ran nearly 6 minutes and is generally considered to be the longest acceptance speech at an Academy Awards ceremony.
While Best Documentary had 4 winners, something that never happened before or again.
Winners are listed first and highlighted in boldface.
Academy Honorary Award 
- Charles Boyer - "for his progressive cultural achievement in establishing the French Research Foundation in Los Angeles as a source of reference for the Hollywood Motion Picture Industry."
- Noël Coward - "for his outstanding production achievement in In Which We Serve."
- MGM - "for its achievement in representing the American Way of Life in the production of the "Andy Hardy" series of films."
Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award 
Multiple nominations and awards 
These films had multiple nominations:
The following films received multiple awards.
See also 
- Academy Awards
- List of Academy Awards ceremonies
- Academy Honorary Award
- 1942 in film
- Governors Awards
- "The 15th Academy Awards (1943) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Archived from the original on 06 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-13.