||This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)
Members of the 15th Lok Sabha were elected during the 2009 general election in India.
- Speaker: Meira Kumar, Indian National Congress, Sasaram, Bihar
- Deputy Speaker: Kariya Munda, Bharatiya Janata Party, Khunti, Jharkhand
- Leader of the House: Sushil Kumar Shinde, Indian National Congress, Solapur, Maharashtra
- Leader of the Opposition: Sushma Swaraj, Bharatiya Janata Party, Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh
- Secretary General:
List of members by political party
United Progressive Alliance Cabinet by party
Source: Various news organisations
The new United Progressive Alliance (UPA) included 79 members, 78 members in the cabinet plus Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The first 20 cabinet ministers including Manmohan Singh, swore in on 22 May 2009, while the other 59 cabinet members swore in on 27 May 2009. The 5 non-Congress cabinet ministers, include M.K. Azhagiri from the DMK. Mukul Roy from Trinamool Congress, Sharad Pawar from Nationalist Congress Party and Farooq Abdullah from National Conference represent the other non-Congress cabinet ministers.
United Progressive Alliance cabinet by states
Source: The Hindu
- MoS (I) - Ministers of State with Independent charge
Members from same family elected in 15th Lok Sabha:
- Mother - Son
- Father - Son
- Father - Daughter
- Father-in-law - Son-in-law
- Father-in-law - Daughter-in-law
- On November 2009, Raj Babbar of Indian National Congress got elected from Firozabad, Uttar Pradesh. Seat was vacant as Akhilesh Yadav of Samajwadi Party resigned from this seat keeping the Kannauj Seat as he had contested from both and had to drop one seat.
- On May 13, 2011, Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy of YSR Congress got elected from Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh. He resigned his seat, when he resigned from Indian National Congress. He contested that seat again won by 5,45,000 votes.
- Elections were held on 13th October 2011 for the Hissar Lok Sabha seat due to the death of Mr. Bhajan Lal. The HJC-BJP alliance, represented by Mr. Kuldeep Bishnoi s/o Late Mr. Bhajan Lal, won the election.
- On May 3, 2012, Akhilesh Yadav resigned from the Kannauj seat, to serve as Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, after Samajwadi Party won Assembly Elections. His wife, Dimple Yadav was elected unopposed from the seat in the bye-elections.
- On October 13, 2012 results of by-elections to Tehri Garhwal (Lok Sabha constituency) in Uttarakhand and Jangipur (Lok Sabha constituency) in West Bengal were declared. The incumbent MP of Tehri Mr.Vijay Bahuguna had resigned upon being elected to the Uttarakhand state assembly and becoming Chief Minister, while the MP from Jangipur , Mr. Pranab Mukherjee , had ceased to be an MP upon election as the President Of India, thus necessitating the by-elections. In Tehri, Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah of BJP won the seat while Mr.Abhijit Mukherjee (son of Pranab Mukherjee) retained the Jangipur seat as Congress nominee.