|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||10s BC 0s BC 0s – 10s – 20s 30s 40s|
|Years:||13 14 15 – 16 – 17 18 19|
|16 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||769|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —丙子年十二月十四日
|- Vikram Samvat||72–73|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3117–3118|
|- Ǹrí Ìgbò||-984–-983|
|Iranian calendar||606 BP – 605 BP|
|Islamic calendar||625 BH – 624 BH|
|Juche calendar||N/A (before 1912)|
|Julian calendar||16 XVI|
|Minguo calendar||1896 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||559|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: 16|
Year 16 (XVI) was a leap year starting on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Taurus and Libo (or, less frequently, year 769 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 16 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
By place 
Roman Empire 
- A Roman army of 50,000 men commanded by Germanicus gains a great victory at Idistaviso, defeating the German war chief Arminius and recovering the lost eagles of Varus' legions.
- Germanicus employs North Sea fleet to avoid dangerous rivers, embarking an army in the Rhine delta aboard circa 1,000 ships. He defeats the Germans at Amisius river estuary and the Weser, but during its return the Roman fleet is partially destroyed by storms.
- Noricans having joined with the Pannonians in invading Histria, are defeated by Publius Silius, proconsul of Illyricum.
- Vonones, the beleaguered king of Armenia is summoned to Syria by Roman governor, Creticus Silanus.
By topic 
Arts and sciences 
- September 16
- Agrippina the Younger, Roman Empress
- Scribonia, second wife of Caesar Augustus and mother of Julia the Elder (approximate date) (b. 68 BC)
- Clemens (impostor)