1601 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1601
List of years in Ireland
- January - Nine Years' War: John Óge Burke is captured, and later executed.
- 2 October - Siege of Kinsale begins.
- 30 November - Prince Hugh Roe O'Donnell, on his way to the Battle of Kinsale, visits and venerates a relic of the True Cross (Holy rood) on the Feast of St. Andrew, at Holy Cross Abbey.
- Moyry Castle built.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)|
- June - John Óge Burke, rebel soldier.
- November - James FitzGerald, 1st Earl of Desmond, exiled noble (born c.1570).
- Ulick Burke, 3rd Earl of Clanricarde, noble.
- John Chardon, Church of Ireland Bishop of Down and Connor.
- The Life of Hugh Roe O'Donnell, Prince of Tyrconnell (Beatha Aodh Ruadh O Domhnaill) by Lughaidh O'Cleirigh (original Gaelic manuscript in the Royal Irish Academy in Dublin), translated with notes by Rev. Denis Murphy, S.J., M.R.I.A., and published by Sealy, Bryers, & Walker, Dublin, 1893 (pages 304-307)
|This Irish history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|