1600s in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1606 in architecture)
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1590 . 1591 . 1592 . 1593 . 1594 . 1595 . 1596 ...
1597 1598 1599 -1600- 1601 1602 1603
... 1604 . 1605 . 1606 . 1607 . 1608 . 1609 . 1610 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
|1590s · 1600s in architecture · 1610s|
Construction (by year):
- Jerónimos Monastery at Belém (Lisbon) in Portugal is completed after 100 years.
- In Naples (Italy), the fountain La Fontana dell'Immacolatella, made of white and gray marble, is built by Michelangelo Naccherino and Pietro Bernini; it is adorned with coats of arms and eagles, and the central coat of arms is upheld by two angels.
- In Japan, Inuyama Castle is built in Aichi Prefecture (remodeled in 1620).
- 1604 - In Korea, Bulguksa is reconstructed.
- In Gdańsk, the Old Arsenal, designed by Anthony van Obberghen, Jan Strakowski and Abraham van den Blocke, is completed.
- In Padua (Veneto), renovation is finished on the Palazzo del Capitanio palace arch and Torre dell'Orologio clock tower (expanded 1599-1605).
- In England, the Red Hall at Bourne, Lincolnshire, is built.
- January 19 - San Agustin Church (Manila), designed by Juan Macías, is completed.
- 1609 - Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Church, Goa.