1607 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1607
List of years in Ireland
- 14 September - Flight of the Earls: Hugh O'Neill, 2nd Earl of Tyrone and Rory O'Donnell, 1st Earl of Tyrconnell flee to Spain to avoid capture by the English crown.
- Plantation of Ulster, following the Flight of the Earls.
- Construction of James's Fort, protecting Kinsale harbour, is completed to the design of Paul Ive.
- 20 March - Lady Alice Boyle, later Alice Barry, Countess of Barrymore (died 1667).
- Geoffrey Baron, scholar, lawyer and rebel (executed 1651).
- Approximate date - Sir George Hamilton, 1st Baronet, of Donalong (died 1679).
- Richard Netterville, lawyer and politician (born c.1540).
- Nicholas St Lawrence, 9th Baron Howth (born c.1550).
- Williams, Hywel (2005). Cassell's Chronology of World History. London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson. p. 241. ISBN 0-304-35730-8.
- Elliott, Marianne (2001). The Catholics of Ulster: A History. New York: Basic Books. p. 88.
- Stephenson, Charles. 'Servant to The King for His Fortifications': Paul Ive and The Practise of Fortification.
- thePeerage.com - Person Page 11658