1610 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Plantations of Ireland in the north of County Wexford, on lands confiscated from the MacMurrough-Kavanagh clan.
- Construction of Antrim Castle is begun.
- Poet and historian Geoffrey Keating (Seathrún Céitinn) is appointed by the Catholic Church to the cure of souls at Uachtar Achaidh in the parish of Knockgraffon, near Cahir, County Tipperary.
- Barnabe Rich publishes A New Description of Ireland.
- 19 October - James Butler, 1st Duke of Ormonde, Anglo-Irish statesman and soldier (died 1688).
- Bonaventure Baron, Franciscan theologian (died 1696).
- John Bathe, Jesuit (shot 1649).
- Guildford Slingsby, politician (died of wounds 1643).
- Approximate date - Patrick Walsh, merchant, ambassador and friar (born before 1580).