1613 in music
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in music (table)|
|... 1603 . 1604 . 1605 . 1606 . 1607 . 1608 . 1609 ...
1610 1611 1612 -1613- 1614 1615 1616
... 1617 . 1618 . 1619 . 1620 . 1621 . 1622 . 1623 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1613 in music involved some significant events.
- February 15 – The Memorable Masque of the Middle Temple and Lincoln's Inn, written by George Chapman and designed by Inigo Jones, is performed at Whitehall Palace. The masque features music by Robert Johnson.
- February 20 – Francis Beaumont's The Masque of the Inner Temple and Gray's Inn is performed at Whitehall Palace. The work features music by Giovanni Coperario.
- Monteverdi becomes maestro di capella at St Mark's Basilica, Venice.
- date unknown - Michael Praetorius joins the court of John George I, Elector of Saxony.
- John Bull – God the father, God the son (performed at the wedding of Princess Elizabeth to Frederick V, Elector Palatine).
- John Cooper – Songs of Mourning: Bewailing the Untimely Death of Prince Henry
- Nicholas Lanier – Maske... at the Marriage of... The Earl of Somerset
- Luzzasco Luzzaschi – Seconda scelta delli madrigale a5, published posthumously
- Salamone Rossi – a collection of sinfonie and gagliarde
- John Ward – The First Set of English Madrigals To 3. 4. 5. and 6. parts apt both for Viols and Voyces
- April 19 – Christoph Bach, court musician, grandfather of Johann Sebastian Bach (d. 1661)
- August 20 – Sophie Elisabeth, Duchess of Brunswick-Lüneburg, poet and composer (d. 1676)