1610s in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1614 in architecture)
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1600 . 1601 . 1602 . 1603 . 1604 . 1605 . 1606 ...
1607 1608 1609 -1610- 1611 1612 1613
... 1614 . 1615 . 1616 . 1617 . 1618 . 1619 . 1620 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
|1600s . 1610s in architecture . 1620s|
- April 27, 1613 - Inigo Jones is appointed Surveyor of the King's Works in England.
- September 1615 - Inigo Jones, newly returned from a tour of continental Europe, is appointed Surveyor-General of the King's Works in England.
- 1610 - The Changdeokgung of Korea is reconstructed.
- 1610 - The Church of San Giorgio Maggiore in Venice, Italy, designed by Palladio is completed
- 1611 - The Catholic church of Virgen del Rosario is built in Benejúzar, Spain.
- 1611 - The Deoksugung of Korea is completed.
- 1614 - Carlo Maderno built the Marian column in front of Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, which later served as a model for numerous Marian columns in many Catholic countries.
- 1615 - Works starts on the Jesuit Church, Molsheim (consecrated in 1618)
- 1616 - Work starts on the Queen's House in Greenwich, England, designed by Inigo Jones.
- 1616 - The Sultan Ahmed Mosque ("Blue Mosque") in Istanbul is completed.
- 1616 - The Gyeonghuigung of Korea is completed.
- 1616 - The Changgyeonggung of Korea is reconstructed.
- 1617 - The Basilica Palladiana, in Vicenza, Italy, designed by Andrea Palladio, is completed, having work commenced in 1549.
- 1619 - Banqueting House at Whitehall in London is started, designed by Inigo Jones.
- 1619 - Naghsh-i Jahan Square is built in Isfahan, Iran by Mohammadreza Isfahani.
- 1619 - Ballintaylor House at Whitechurch is built in Waterford, Ireland by Sir Richard Osbourne.
- 1615 – Vincenzo Scamozzi - L'Idea della Architettura Universale (The Universal Idea of Architecture)
- May 4, 1611 - Carlo Rainaldi (died 1691)
- 1611 - John Webb (died 1672)
- 1612 - Louis Le Vau (died 1670)
- 1613 - Claude Perrault (died 1688)