165 University Avenue
Coordinates: 165 University Avenue is a small rented office building on University Avenue, the main commercial street in downtown Palo Alto, California. Located near Stanford University, the building has served as an incubator for several noted Silicon Valley companies, including Logitech, Google, PayPal, Danger, Inc (bought by Microsoft), Milo.com (bought by eBay), eye IO, Yummly and Mr. Number., YouTube also provides this location as the example address when setting the location of an uploaded video. Until 2000, the ground floor was home to a Palo Alto institution, Chimaera Books & Music. Like many independent bookstores, its closure was due, in part, to competition from the dot com economy.
- News.com: "A building blessed with tech success"
- San Jose Mercury News: "Rugs to Riches"
- New York Times: "Rental Building’s Good Karma Nurtures Success"
- Max Levchin's Paypal Slideshow: Brings Sleeping Bag to Sleep in Office
- Logitech History at 165 University with Historic Photos
- Milo.com, the newest startup to occupy the legendary 165 University office space
- Marketplace, May 18, 2010: "The place for good business karma"
|This Santa Clara County, California building and structure-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|