1688 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1688
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1688 in Ireland.
- Dame Mary Joseph Butler establishes a Benedictine house in Dublin.
- 16 November - Exiled Irish Catholic widow "Goody" Ann Glover becomes the last person hanged in Boston, Massachusetts, as a witch.
- 7 December - Start of the Siege of Derry. The city gates are locked against the forces of King James II by apprentice boys.
- 15 March - Peter Valesius Walsh, politician (b. c1618).
- 21 July - James Butler, 1st Duke of Ormonde, Anglo-Irish statesman and soldier (b.1610).
- This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Nolan, Patrick (1913). "Mary Joseph Butler". In Herbermann, Charles. Catholic Encyclopedia. Robert Appleton Company.
- Historical Records and Studies 17: 70-78.
- Hayes, Cathy (2012-05-05). ""Goody" Ann Glover, Irish native was the last witch hanged in Boston". IrishCentral. New York. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "Parades and Marches - Chronology 2: Historical Dates and Events". Conflict Archive on the Internet (CAIN). Retrieved 2010-01-28.