|Centuries:||1st century – 2nd century – 3rd century|
|Decades:||130s 140s 150s – 160s – 170s 180s 190s|
|Years:||166 167 168 – 169 – 170 171 172|
|169 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||922|
|Bahá'í calendar||−1675 – −1674|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||戊申年 (Earth Monkey)
2865 or 2805
— to —
己酉年 (Earth Rooster)
2866 or 2806
|Coptic calendar||−115 – −114|
|- Vikram Samvat||225–226|
|- Shaka Samvat||91–92|
|- Kali Yuga||3270–3271|
|Igbo calendar||−831 – −830|
|Iranian calendar||453 BP – 452 BP|
|Islamic calendar||467 BH – 466 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1743 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||712|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 169.|
Year 169 (CLXIX) was a common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Senecio and Apollinaris (or, less frequently, year 922 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 169 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Confucian scholars who had denounced the court eunuchs are arrested, killed or banished from the capital of Luoyang and official life during the second episode of the Disasters of Partisan Prohibitions, which did not formally end until 184 with the onslaught of the Yellow Turban Rebellion.
- Pertinax succeeds Alypius as Patriarch of Constantinople.
- Theophilus of Antioch becomes Patriarch of Antioch.
Arts and sciences
- Lucian demonstrates the absurdity of fatalism.
- Cao Hong, cousin of warlord Cao Cao and general Cao Ren (d. 233)
- Lü Bu, responsible for the assassinations of Ding Yuan and Dong Zhuo
- Diaochan, responsible for Lu Bu's revolt against Dong Zhuo
- Mi Fang
- Xu Huang, considered one of the top generals of the Kingdom of Wei (d. 227)
- Zhang Liao, considered the top generals of the Kingdom of Wei due to his accomplishments (d. 222)