1690s in archaeology
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1698 in archaeology)
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
The decade of the 1690s in archaeology involved some significant events.
- 1693 - Alfred Jewel discovered near Athelney in England.
- 1697 - Commemorative stela of Nahr el-Kalb discovered in Lebanon by Henry Maundrell.
- 1693 - John Aubrey completes his Monumenta Britannica, or, A miscellanie of British antiquities in manuscript.
- 1690: February 3 - Richard Rawlinson, British antiquarian (died 1755)
- 1692: October 31 - Comte de Caylus (died 1765).
- 1696: Francis Drake (died 1771)
1680s in archaeology
1700s in archaeology