1700 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- February 18 – Instegated by Ole Rømer, Denmark adopts the Gregorian calendar, although not its lunar portion, in place of the Julian calendar.
- February – The Great Northern War breaks out and will last until 1721. Russia has joined a Danish-Pokish coalition the previous year against Sweden which forms an alliance with Frederick IV, Duke of Holstein-Gottorp.
- August 4 – The Swedish King Charles XII lands with an army at Humlebæk north of Copenhagen.
- August 18 – The Peace of Travendal is concluded when Denmark signs a peace treaty at Traventhal House in Holstein. Denmark has to withdraw from Holstein and Sweden withdraws from Denmark. The peace will lat for the next 10 years.
- The coronation of Frederick IV and Queen Louise
- Benoît Le Coffre becomes Painter to the Danish Court.
- The first Danish census takes place from 1700 to 17001 but only statistical information about adult men is included. Only about half of it still exists.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2011)|
Full date unknown
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1700 in Denmark.|