1705 in Scotland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1705 in Scotland:|
|1703 | 1704 | 1705 | 1706 | 1707|
Events from the year 1705 in the Kingdom of Scotland.
- Monarch - Anne
- 11 April - Captain Thomas Green is hanged for piracy at Leith.
- The Parliament of England passes the Alien Act in response to the Parliament of Scotland's Act of Security 1704.
- 2 March - William Murray, 1st Earl of Mansfield, judge and politician (died 1793)
- 5 May - John Campbell, 4th Earl of Loudoun, noble and military leader (died 1782)
- probable - David Mallet, writer (died 1765)
- 11 March - Margaret Wemyss, 3rd Countess of Wemyss (born 1659)
- 14 March - James Scott, Earl of Dalkeith (born 1674)
- date unknown - Alexander Arbuthnot, politician (born 1654)
|This Scottish history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|