1711 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1711
List of years in Ireland
- Conclusion of Islandmagee witch trial: Eight women from Islandmagee are convicted in the last known witch trial in Ireland.
- 15 December - Penal Laws (Ireland): The Occasional Conformity Act ("An Act for preserving the Protestant Religion"), passed by the Parliament of Great Britain, bars Roman Catholics from public office.
- Cashin, Declan (2011-05-28). "The witches of Antrim". Irish Independent. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "Witch trial that convicted eight women 300 years ago is reinvestigated after 'new evidence' is found". Daily Mail (London). 2011-05-31. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- Palmer, Alan; Veronica (1992). The Chronology of British History. London: Century Ltd. pp. 208–209. ISBN 0-7126-5616-2.