1712 in art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in art (table)|
|... 1702 . 1703 . 1704 . 1705 . 1706 . 1707 . 1708 ...
1709 1710 1711 -1712- 1713 1714 1715
... 1716 . 1717 . 1718 . 1719 . 1720 . 1721 . 1722 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- August 15 – The new abbey church at Fulda, with its high altar designed by Johann Neudecker and the stuccoist Giovanni Battista Artari, is dedicated by Prince-Abbot Adalbert von Schleifras.
- Charles-André van Loo travels to Rome to study under Benedetto Luti and Pierre Legros.
- Lorenzo Mattielli settles in Vienna.
- Rosalba Carriera – Bacchante with a tambourine
- Giuseppe Maria Crespi – The Seven Sacraments series
- Paolo de Matteis – The Choice of Hercules (Ashmolean Museum, Oxford)
- Adriaen van der Werff – The Judgement of Paris
- May 30 – Andrea Lanzani, Italian painter for the Habsburg court (born 1645)
- August 23 – Jan Kryštof Liška, Czech Baroque painter (born 1650)
- September 9 – Jan Jiří Heinsch, Czech-German painter of the Baroque style (born 1647)
- September 12 – Jan van der Heyden, Dutch painter (born 1637)
- November 26 – Pietro Dandini, Italian painter of the Baroque period active in Florence (born 1646)
- date unknown
- Louis Audran, French engraver (born 1670)
- Andrea Celesti, Venetian painter (born 1637)
- Jean Mauger, French medallist (born 1648)
- Buhurizade Mustafa Itri, Ottoman-Turkish musician, composer, calligrapher, singer and poet (born 1640)
- Michelangelo Palloni, Italian painter (born 1637)
- Giovanni Evangelista Draghi, Italian painter of the Baroque period (born 1657)
- Francesco Monti (il Brescianino), Italian painter of battle scenes (born 1646)
- Lars Myra, Finnish painter (born unknown)
- February 19 – Arthur Devis, English portrait painter, particularly known for his conversation pieces and other such small portraits (died 1787)
- October 5 – Francesco Guardi, painter of veduta (died 1793)
- October 30 – Christian Wilhelm Ernst Dietrich, German painter (died 1774)
- December 11 – Francesco Algarotti, Italian philosopher and art critic (died 1764)
- date unknown
- Giuseppe Angeli, Italian painter of the late-baroque active mainly in Venice (died 1798)
- John Cleveley the Elder, English marine artist (died 1777)
- Simon Fokke, Dutch designer, etcher, and engraver (died 1784)
- Nicolas Jean Baptiste Poilly, French draftsman and engraver (died 1780)
- Toriyama Sekien, scholar and ukiyo-e artist of Japanese folklore (died 1788)
- Johan Stålbom, Finnish painter who later lived and worked in Sweden (died 1777)
- Stefano Torelli, Italian painter of altar-pieces and ceiling decorations (died 1784)