1713 in poetry
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in poetry (table)|
|... 1703 . 1704 . 1705 . 1706 . 1707 . 1708 . 1709 ...
1710 1711 1712 -1713- 1714 1715 1716
... 1717 . 1718 . 1719 . 1720 . 1721 . 1722 . 1723 ...
In literature: 1710 1711 1712 -1713- 1714 1715 1716
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- First printing of Vitsentzos Kornaros's early 17th century Cretan Greek romantic epic poem Erotokritos (Ἐρωτόκριτος), in Venice.
- Henry Carey, Poems on Several Occasions, including "Sally in our Alley", and "Namby-Pamby", written to ridicule Ambrose Philips
- Abel Evans, Vertumnus
- Anne Finch, countess of Winchelsea, "Written by a Lady", Miscellany Poems on Several Occasions
- John Gay:
- Alexander Pope:
- Richard Steere, The Daniel Catcher, including "Earth Felicities", a poem in blank verse, an unusual form for the time, and "Caelestial Embassy", a nativity poem that criticized the Puritan rejection of Christmas, English Colonial America
- Jonathan Swift, published anonymously, Part of the Seventh Epistle of the First Book of Horace Imitated
- John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester, Poems on Several Occasions. "By the R. H. the E. of R.", London, posthumous
- Edward Young:
Death years link to the corresponding "[year] in poetry" article:
- Giuseppe Maria Buondelmonti (died 1757), Italian poet, orator and philosopher
- Alison Cockburn (died 1794), Scots poet (née Rutherford)
- Thomas Gilbert (?)
- George Smith
- Luise Adelgunde Victoria Gottsched (died 1762), German
- Khwaja Muhammad Zaman (died 1774), Indian, Sindhi-language poet
Birth years link to the corresponding "[year] in poetry" article:
- William Harrison (born 1685),English poet and diplomat
- François-Séraphin Régnier-Desmarais (born 1632), French ecclesiastic, grammarian, diplomat and poet in French, Spanish and Latin
- Thomas Sprat (born 1635), English bishop and poet
- List of years in poetry
- List of years in literature
- 18th century in poetry
- 18th century in literature
- Augustan poetry
- Scriblerus Club
- Cox, Michael, ed. (2004). The Concise Oxford Chronology of English Literature. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-860634-6.
- Grun, Bernard, The Timetables of History, third edition, 1991 (original book, 1946), page 326
- Burt, Daniel S., The Chronology of American Literature: : America's literary achievements from the colonial era to modern times, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2004, ISBN 978-0-618-16821-7, retrieved via Google Books
- Web page titled "John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester (1647 - 1680)" at the Poetry Foundation website, retrieved April 11, 2009. Archived 2009-05-02.
- Das, Sisir Kumar, "A Chronology of Literary Events / 1911–1956", in Das, Sisir Kumar and various, History of Indian Literature: 1911-1956: struggle for freedom: triumph and tragedy, Volume 2, 1995, published by Sahitya Akademi, ISBN 978-81-7201-798-9, retrieved via Google Books on December 23, 2008
-  "A Timeline of English Poetry" Web page of the Representative Poetry Online Web site, University of Toronto