1721 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1721
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1721 in Ireland.
- 24 June - An Act of the Parliament of Great Britain permits Charles Butler, 1st Earl of Arran, to purchase the Irish estates forfeited by his brother James Butler, 2nd Duke of Ormonde.
- The office of Lord Chancellor of Ireland is the highest political office in the Parliament of Ireland; Viscount Midleton being the incumbent.
- The title Baron Bessborough, of Bessborough, Piltown in the County of Kilkenny, is created in the Peerage of Ireland in favour of William Ponsonby.
- Henry Jones, poet and tragedian (d. 1770).
- Denis Maguire, Bishop (Catholic Church) (d. 1798).
- Robert Murray, merchant (d. 1786).
- John Ruxton, landowner and politician (d. 1785).
- Approximate date
- 21 July (hanged) - Walter Kennedy, pirate (b. c.1695).
- 20 September - Thomas Doggett, actor and benefactor (b. c.1670).
- Autumn - Godfrey Boate, judge (b. 1673).
- Denis Daly, judge (b. c.1638).
- Sir John Kirwan, merchant (b. 1650).