1724 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1724
List of years in Ireland
- March - Jonathan Swift publishes the first of the Drapier's Letters (A Letter To the Shop-Keepers, Tradesmen, Farmers, and Common-People of Ireland, Concerning the Brass Half-Pence Coined by Mr. Woods).
- 24 March - Richard Hamilton, 4th Viscount Boyne, politician (died 1789).
- 20 October - Thomas Taylour, 1st Earl of Bective, politician (died 1795).
- John Hely, later Hely-Hutchinson, lawyer and statesman (died 1794).
- John Pomeroy, British Army officer (died 1790).
- Frances Sheridan, novelist and playwright (died 1766).
- 1724 or 1725 - Arthur Guinness, brewer (died 1803).
- Approximate date
- 10 February or 1723 - Henry Colley, politician (born c.1685).
- November - Liam an Dúna Mac Cairteáin, poet and soldier (born 1668).
- John Barnwell, colonist in the Province of South Carolina (born 1671).
- Approximate date - Proinsias Ó Doibhlin, poet and priest.
- Scott, Temple (1903). "Letter 1, Introductory Note". The Prose Works of Jonathan Swift, vol. VI: The Drapier’s Letters. London: George Bell and Sons.