1730 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1730
List of years in Ireland
- First bridge across the River Foyle linking Lifford and Strabane is built.
- Edward Lovett Pearce succeeds Thomas Burgh as Surveyor General of Ireland.
- 10 November - Oliver Goldsmith, writer, poet and physician (died 1774)
- James Alexander, 1st Earl of Caledon, merchant, landlord and politician (died 1802)
- Approximate date
- 29 January - Thomas Flynn, Roman Catholic Bishop of Ardagh
- 6 August - Sir Thomas Vesey, 1st Baronet, Church of Ireland Bishop of Ossory (born 1668?)
- 3 October - Thomas Brodrick, politician (born 1654)
- 4 December - Edward Southwell, politician (born 1671)
- 18 December - Colonel Thomas Burgh, Surveyor General of Ireland (born 1670)