1731 in Canada
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1731 in Canada.
- 1731: Fort St. Pierre on Rainy Lake established by Christopher Dufrost de La Jemeraye and Jean Baptiste de La Vérendrye. This was the first fort in La Verendrye's expansion of the "Posts of the West".
- 1731-43: The La Verendrye family organize expeditions beyond Lake Winnipeg and direct fur trade toward the east.
- Richard Dobie, an early Canadian businessman and a sometimes partner of Benjamin Frobisher (died 1805).
- November 7: Robert Rogers, army officer and author (died 1795).
- "Robert Rogers". The Canadian Encyclopedia.
- "Beauchêne, Robert Chevalier". The Canadian Encyclopedia.