1731 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1721 . 1722 . 1723 . 1724 . 1725 . 1726 . 1727 ...
1728 1729 1730 -1731- 1732 1733 1734
... 1735 . 1736 . 1737 . 1738 . 1739 . 1740 . 1741 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1731 in architecture involved some significant events.
- Basilica of Superga in Italy, designed by Filippo Juvarra, is completed.
- Cumbernauld House in Scotland, to designs by William Adam, is built.
- Hôtel Peyrenc de Moras in Paris, designed by Jean Aubert, is completed.
- Jakobstad Church in Finland, designed by Johan Knubb, is built.
- Jerusalem's Church in Berlin, designed by Philipp Gerlach, is completed.
- Royal Theatre in Mantua, Italy, designed by Ferdinando Galli-Bibiena, is built.
- Trooditissa Monastery on Cyprus is built.
- April 14 - Laurent-Benoît Dewez, Belgian architect (d. 1812)
- May 10 - Victor Louis, French architect (d. 1800)
- Andrea Giganti, Sicilian Baroque architect (d. 1787)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2012)|