From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1734 in Great Britain.
- 6 January - John Dennis, dramatist and critic (born 1658)
- 1 February - John Floyer, physician and writer (born 1649)
- 1 March - Roger North, biographer (born 1653)
- 21 March - Robert Wodrow, historian (born 1679)
- 4 May - James Thornhill, painter (born 1675 or 1676)
- 12 June - James FitzJames, 1st Duke of Berwick, illegitimate son of James II of England and French military commander (born 1670, France)
- 22 July - Peter King, 1st Baron King, Lord Chancellor (born c. 1669)
- November 14 - Louise de Kérouaille, Duchess of Portsmouth, French-born mistress of Charles II of England (born 1649, France)
- December 28 - Robert Roy MacGregor, Scottish clan chief (born 1671)
- ^ a b Palmer, Alan; Palmer, Veronica (1992). The Chronology of British History. London: Century Ltd. pp. 214–215. ISBN 0-7126-5616-2.
- ^ Williams, Hywel (2005). Cassell's Chronology of World History. London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson. p. 304. ISBN 0-304-35730-8.
- ^ Everett, Jason M., ed. (2006). The People's Chronology. Thomson Gale.