1735 in art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in art (table)|
|... 1725 . 1726 . 1727 . 1728 . 1729 . 1730 . 1731 ...
1732 1733 1734 -1735- 1736 1737 1738
... 1739 . 1740 . 1741 . 1742 . 1743 . 1744 . 1745 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
Events from the year 1735 in art.
- The Chandos Mausoleum is constructed for James Brydges, 1st Duke of Chandos.
- Charles-Joseph Natoire carries out the first of his tapestry cartoons for the series History of Don Quixote.
- Guillaume Coustou the Younger is awarded the Prix de Rome.
- Jacopo Amigoni
- The Bucintoro Returning to the Molo (1730–1735) (Bowes Museum, Barnard Castle, England)
- The Molo, Venice (approximate date) (Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth, Texas)
- A Regatta on the Grand Canal (1730–1735) (Bowes Museum, Barnard Castle, England)
- Venice: A Regatta on the Grand Canal (National Gallery, London)
- View of the Piazzetta San Marco Looking South (approximate date) (Indianapolis Museum of Art)
- Jean-Baptiste-Siméon Chardin
- Charles-Joseph Natoire – Psyche and Proserpine
- Giovanni Battista Piazzetta – The Assumption of Mary (The Louvre)
- January 18 – Jeremiah Meyer, English miniaturist (died 1789)
- May – Dmitry Levitzky, Russian-Ukrainian portrait painter (died 1822)
- May 8 – Sir Nathaniel Dance-Holland, English portrait painter and later a politician (died 1811)
- June 16 – Nicolas Bernard Lépicié, French painter (died 1784)
- July 10 – Ulrika Pasch, Swedish miniaturist (died 1796)
- October 17 – Franz Xaver Feuchtmayer the Younger, member of the German Feuchtmayer family of Baroque artists associated with the Wessobrunner School (died 1803)
- December 20 – Friedrich August Brand, Austrian painter and engraver of historical subjects and landscapes (died 1806)
- December 29 – Thomas Banks, sculptor (died 1805)
- date unknown
- Dimitrije Bačević, Serbian icon painter and muralist(died 1770)
- Samuel Collins, British miniature painter (died 1768)
- Tilly Kettle, English portrait painter (died 1786)
- Isoda Koryusai, Japanese printmaker and painter (died 1790)
- Étienne de La Vallée Poussin, French history painter and creator of interior decorative schemes (died 1802)
- James Tassie, Scottish engraver (died 1799)
- Giovanni Volpato, Italian engraver, excavator, dealer in antiquities and manufacturer of biscuit porcelain figurines (died 1803)
- January 21 – Abraham Rademaker, Dutch painter and printmaker (born 1677)
- July 1 – Jean Ranc, French portrait painter (born 1674)
- July 16 – Cassandra Willoughby, Duchess of Chandos, British historian, travel writer and artist (born 1670)
- December 11 – Antoine Rivalz, official painter to the town of Toulouse (born 1667)
- date unknown
- Pompeo Aldrovandini, Italian painter (born 1677)
- Antonio Beduzzi, Austrian-Italian theater engineer, painter, and architect (born 1675)
- Antonio Dardani, Italian painter (born 1677)
- Nunzio Ferraiuoli, Italian painter (born 1661)
- Pârvu Mutul, Romanian muralist and church painter (born 1657)
- Giacomo Antonio Ponsonelli, Italian Rococo sculptor (born 1654)
- François Souchal, Les frères Coustou (Paris) 1980.