1739 in Canada
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in Canada:||1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742|
|Centuries:||17th century · 18th century · 19th century|
|Decades:||1700s 1710s 1720s 1730s 1740s 1750s 1760s|
|Years:||1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742|
|Part of a series on the|
|History of Canada|
Events from the year 1739 in Canada.
- Joseph La France begins to explore between Lake Superior and Hudson Bay.
- Census of New France counts 42,801 inhabitants
- February 23: Jean-François Hubert, bishop of Quebec (d. 1797)
- August: Alexander Henry the elder, fur trader, merchant, militia officer, jp, and author (d. 1824)
Full date unknown
- Thomas Bird, HBC chief at Albany Fort
- "1739 - Census of New France". Statistics Canada.
|This Canadian history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|