1739 in Canada
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1739 in Canada.
- Joseph La France begins to explore between Lake Superior and Hudson Bay.
- Census of New France counts 42,801 inhabitants
- February 23: Jean-François Hubert, bishop of Quebec (d. 1797)
- August: Alexander Henry the elder, fur trader, merchant, militia officer, jp, and author (d. 1824)
Full date unknown 
- Thomas Bird, HBC chief at Albany Fort
- "1739 - Census of New France". Statistics Canada.
|This Canadian history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|