From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1750 in Canada.
- 1750s: Hudson's Bay Company Saskatchewan River region, reached by trade drummers sent out with goods to tempt the Indians to York.
- c. 1750: The Ojibwa begin to emerge as a distinct tribal amalgamation of smaller independent bands.
- German immigrants begin to arrive in numbers at Halifax.
- Hidatsa villages, site of ancient trading fair, now with both French and Hudson's Bay representatives present each summer.
- James Glenie, army officer, military engineer, businessman, office holder, and politician (d.1817)
- Simon McTavish, fur trader and dealer in furs, militia officer, office holder, landowner, seigneur, and businessman (d.1804)