1751 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1741 . 1742 . 1743 . 1744 . 1745 . 1746 . 1747 ...
1748 1749 1750 -1751- 1752 1753 1754
... 1755 . 1756 . 1757 . 1758 . 1759 . 1760 . 1761 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1751 in architecture involved some significant events.
- Dresden Cathedral in Saxony, designed by Gaetano Chiaveri (construction begun in 1738), is completed.
- Church of St Michael in Berg am Laim (Munich) in Bavaria, designed by Johann Michael Fischer (construction begun in 1738), is completed.
- Pilgrimage Church of Maria Schnee, Aufhausen in Bavaria, designed by Johann Michael Fischer (construction begun in 1736), is completed.
- The Kalvária Banská Štiavnica calvary in the Kingdom of Hungary (construction begun in 1744) is completed.
- The Sunehri Masjid ("Golden Mosque") in the Red Fort of Old Delhi, India (construction begun in 1747) is completed.
- Second Old Ursuline Convent, New Orleans, designed by Ignace François Broutin (construction begun in 1745), is completed.
- Codrington Library at All Souls College, Oxford, designed by Nicholas Hawksmoor, is completed.
- Prince William Mansion, Copenhagen, is completed.
- Dutch House at Kuskovo near Moscow, designed by Y. I. Kologrivov (construction begun in 1749), is completed.
- June 29 - Foundations of Santo Domingo convent in Buenos Aires, designed by Antonio Masella Turin (construction completed in 1805), are laid.
- January 6 - Carl Marcus Tuscher, German-born Danish portrait painter, printmaker, architect and decorator (born 1705)
- February 8 - Nicola Salvi, Italian architect (b. 1697)
- February 19 - Richard Cassels, German-born architect working in Ireland (b. 1690)
- March 3 - Batty Langley, English garden designer and pioneer of Gothic Revival architecture (b. 1696)
- August 9 - Ignace François Broutin, French military officer and architect in Louisiana (b. 1690)
- December 18 - Kilian Ignaz Dientzenhofer, Bohemian baroque architect (b. 1689)