1752 in Canada
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
- French kill Miami chief, fortify the Ohio Valley region with forts from Lake Erie to the forks of the Ohio River
- Canada's first newspaper, the weekly Halifax Gazette, appears (March 23).
- La Corne began a three-year appointment as the western commander of the poste de l’Ouest
- The British Empire adopts the Gregorian calendar.
- Jacques-Pierre de Taffanel de la Jonquière, Marquis de la Jonquière, governor general of New France, on March 17 (born 1685)
|This Canadian history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|