1757 in Canada
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Events from the year 1757 in Canada.
- Thursday March 17 to Tuesday March 22 - In four nights 1,500 Canadiens and Indians destroy the out-works of Fort William-Henry.
- Saturday July 30 - Seven thousand men are collected to attack Fort William Henry.
- Tuesday August 9 - The Fort, garrisoned by 2,200, capitulates. Violating the terms of capitulation, Indians kill, or recature, many of the garrison, whereupon Montcalm exclaims: "Kill me, but spare the English who are under my protection."
- Of the 5,000 French soldiers expected, only 1,500 reach Canada.
- December - The troops, in Canada, complain of being fed on horse-flesh and too little bread.