1772 in Canada
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Events from the year 1772 in Canada.
- Samuel Hearne explores Coppermine River to Arctic Ocean.
- HBC Mathey Cocking, to Blackfeet country west of Eagle Hills.
- The Hudson's Bay Company opens Cumberland House on the Saskatchewan River.
- James Cook and George Vancouver explore the northwest coast of America.
- The Yorkshire emigration begins with the arrival of 62 passengers aboard The Duke of York.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|