1774 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1774
List of years in Ireland
- New buildings in Armagh provided by Archbishop Richard Robinson are completed for the County Infirmary, Royal School and Military Barracks.
- 7 May - Francis Beaufort, hydrographer and officer in the British Royal Navy, creator of the Beaufort scale (died 1857).
- 11 July - Somerset Lowry-Corry, 2nd Earl Belmore, politician and statesman (died 1841).
- 29 December - Maurice FitzGerald, 18th Knight of Kerry, Whig politician (died 1849).
Full date unknown
- Máire Bhuí Ní Laoghaire, poet (d.c1849).
- Bartholomew Teeling, a leader of the Irish forces during the Irish Rebellion of 1798 (died 1798).
- 4 April - Oliver Goldsmith, novelist and playwright (born 1728 or 1730).
- 11 July - Sir William Johnson, 1st Baronet, pioneer and army officer in colonial New York (born 1715).
- 14 July - Field Marshal James O'Hara, 2nd Baron Tyrawley, officer in the British Army (born 1682).
- 27 December - Henry Mossop, actor (born 1729).
- Sir Robert Blackwood, 1st Baronet (born 1694).
- "Archbishop Richard Robinson And Armagh". Armagh Gaol. 2010. Retrieved 2013-01-29.