1780 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015)|
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1770 . 1771 . 1772 . 1773 . 1774 . 1775 . 1776 ...
1777 1778 1779 -1780- 1781 1782 1783
... 1784 . 1785 . 1786 . 1787 . 1788 . 1789 . 1790 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1780 in architecture involved some significant events.
- April 17 - Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux in France, designed by Victor Louis is inaugurated.
- June 24 - Chesme Church in Saint Petersburg, designed by Yury Felten, is consecrated.
- Assumption Cathedral, Kharkiv, Ukraine, is consecrated.
- Fragrant Hills Pagoda in China is completed.
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple on the Ganges in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, is built.
- Xumi Fushou Temple in Chengde Mountain Resort, China, is built.
- Royal Villa of Monza in Lombardy, designed by Giuseppe Piermarini, is completed.
- Reconstruction of Palazzo Tucci in Lucca, Tuscany by Ottaviano Diodati is commissioned.
- Daniele, Emilia, ed. (2007). Le dimore di Lucca: l'arte di abitare i palazzi di una capitale dal Medioevo allo Stato Unitario. pp. 50–52.