1784 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
|See also:||Other events of 1784
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1784 in Ireland.
- 15 April - The first ascent of a manned balloon in the British Isles takes place with a hot air balloon at Navan
- The Old Bushmills Distillery becomes an officially registered company
- The post of Postmasters General of Ireland established
- William Conyngham begins installation of a planned settlement on Rutland Island, County Donegal
- New Church of Ireland St. John's Cathedral, Cashel, completed
- The satirist John Williams is prosecuted for an attack on the Duke of Rutland's administration in the Volunteers' Journal and flees the country
- 12 May - James Sheridan Knowles, dramatist and actor (died 1862).
- 20 September - Sir Richard John Griffith, 1st Baronet, geologist (died 1878).
Full date unknown
- Richard Church, soldier, military officer and general in the Greek Army (died 1873).
- Thomas Barnwall Martin, soldier, landowner and politician (died 1847).
- 3 April - John Gore, 1st Baron Annaly, politician and peer (born 1718).
- 26 April - Nano Nagle, founder of the Presentation Sisters (born 1718).
- 29 May - George Barret, Sr., artist (born c.1730).
- Thomas Cooley, architect (born 1740 in England).
- "Navan Points of Pride" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-08-21.