1785 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1775 . 1776 . 1777 . 1778 . 1779 . 1780 . 1781 ...
1782 1783 1784 -1785- 1786 1787 1788
... 1789 . 1790 . 1791 . 1792 . 1793 . 1794 . 1795 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1785 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
- July 17 - A groundbreaking ceremony is held for on the Pella Palace in Russia, designed by Ivan Starov; it will never be completed.
- May 19 - Plaza de Toros de Ronda, Spain.
- Attingham Park, Shropshire, England, designed by George Steuart.
- Chertsey Bridge over the River Thames in England, designed by James Paine and Kenton Couse.
- Church of St. Stephen Harding in Apátistvánfalva.
- Marble Palace in Saint Petersburg, Russia, designed by Antonio Rinaldi.
- Odigitrievsky Cathedral in Ulan Ude, Russia.
- Palace of Iturbide in Mexico City, designed by Francisco Antonio de Guerrero y Torres.
- Rebuilding of Babolovo Palace in Tsarskoe Selo, Russia, by Ilya Neyelov.
- Modifications to Neue Kirche, Berlin, by Georg Christian Unger after a design by Carl von Gontard.
- August 11 - Marie-Joseph Peyre, French architect (born 1730)
- September 26 - Ventura Rodríguez, Spanish architect and artist (born 1717)
- Voronov, Victor (2008). Ivan Starov (Иван Старов) (in Russian). Saint Petersburg: Iskusstvo-SPB. ISBN 9785210015112. p. 245
- "Buryatia governmental page with history of Cathedral". egov-buryatia.ru. Archived from the original on October 22, 2007.