1786 in music
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in music (table)|
|... 1776 . 1777 . 1778 . 1779 . 1780 . 1781 . 1782 ...
1783 1784 1785 -1786- 1787 1788 1789
... 1790 . 1791 . 1792 . 1793 . 1794 . 1795 . 1796 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- January 21 - Luigi Boccherini becomes an official composer to Prince Frederick William of Prussia.
- February 7 - Joseph II, Holy Roman Emperor, presents a festival at Schönbrunn Palace, at which new compositions by both Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Antonio Salieri are performed.
- April 28 - Leopold Mozart writes to his daughter, Maria Anna Mozart, predicting failure for his son's latest opera, The Marriage of Figaro.
- October 18 - Leopold Mozart is given a blood test on the same day that his daughter-in-law Constanze Mozart gives birth to her third child, Johann Thomas Leopold; the baby dies a month later, Leopold the following year.
- November 7 – America's oldest singing society is founded as the Stoughton Musical Society.
- November 24 - Karl Ditters von Dittersdorf unsuccessfully seeks employment with the newly-enthroned King Frederick William II of Prussia.
- In Britain, William Parsons succeeds John Stanley as Master of the King's Musick.
- In Benares, Jiwan Shah and Francis Fowke conduct an experiment comparing the pitch of the harpsichord with that of a traditional Indian instrument.
- Georg Joseph Vogler is appointed Kapellmeister to King Gustav III of Sweden.
- Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach - Funeral music for A. Schulte
- Karl Ditters von Dittersdorf – Der Apotheker und der Doktor (singspiel)
- Leopold Kozeluch - "La Chasse"
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Joseph Haydn – Symphony No. 82 in C ("Bear")
- Gioacchino Albertini – Virginia
- Bonifazio Asioli – Le nozze in villa
- Dmitri Stepanovich Bortniansky – Le Faucon
- Nicolas Dalayrac – Nina
- François-Joseph Gossec - Rosine, ou L’épouse abandonnée
- André Grétry - Amphitryon
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Antonio Salieri
- Les Horaces
- Prima la musica e poi le parole
- Giuseppe Sarti – Armida e Rinaldo
Published popular music
- First edition of Elias Mann's Worcester Collection
- January 3 – Johann Christian Friedrich Schneider, composer
- June 21 – Charles Edward Horn, singer and composer (died 1849)
- September 11 – Friedrich Kuhlau, composer (died 1832)
- November 10 - Carl Eberwein, violinist and composer (died 1868)
- November 18
- December 20 – Pietro Raimondi, composer
- date unknown
- January 4 - Moses Mendelssohn, philosopher and grandfather of composers Felix Mendelssohn and Fanny Mendelssohn (born 1729)
- January 14 – Michael Arne, composer (born c.1740)
- February 16 - Johann Georg Schürer, composer (born 1720)
- March 7 – Frantisek Benda, composer (born 1709)
- March 21 - Johann Gottlieb Preller, cantor and composer (born 1727)
- April 13 - Jan Tomáš Kuzník, composer and music teacher (born 1716)
- May 19 – John Stanley, composer (born 1712)
- July - Sophia Baddeley, actress and singer (born 1745)
- July 29 – Franz Asplmayr, composer (born 1728)
- August 17 – King Frederick II of Prussia, amateur composer (born 1712)
- September – Giovanni Battista Guadagnini, musical instrument maker (born 1711)
- September 6? - Karl von Ordóñez, composer (born 1734)
- October 6 – Antonio Sacchini, composer (born 1730)
- date unknown - Giovanni Battista Lampugnani, composer (born 1706)
- MusicAndHistory:1786 Accessed 21 April 2013