1788 in Canada
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Events from the year 1788 in Canada.
- Attorney-General Monk and Solicitor-General Williams are of opinion that, as the Jesuits have no civil existence as a Canadian corporation, their estates accrue to the Crown.
- Ontario is divided into five districts, under English law.
- January 1 - Peter Warren Dease, HBC officer and Arctic explorer (d.1863)
- October 14 - Sir Edward Sabine, soldier and scientist (d.1883)
- December 31 - Alexander Rankin, timber merchant, justice of the peace, politician, and office holder (d.1852)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2010)|