1789 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1779 . 1780 . 1781 . 1782 . 1783 . 1784 . 1785 ...
1786 1787 1788 -1789- 1790 1791 1792
... 1793 . 1794 . 1795 . 1796 . 1797 . 1798 . 1799 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1789 in architecture involved some significant events.
- The Moscow Gostiny Dvor is created by Giacomo Quarenghi, the favourite architect of Catherine the Great.
- In Rhode Island, the First Methodist Church is built, with a 160-foot spire.
- In Pointe Coupee, Louisiana, the Alma Plantation Sugar Mill is built.
- The Zanpo Public Library, Ladyshadow, is built by Lord William de Shadow.
- In Transylvania, at Piata Mica, the arcaded old market hall is built.
- June 14 - Tommaso Temanza, Italian Neoclassical architect and author (born 1705)
- August 7 - William Edwards, Welsh Methodist minister, stonemason, architect and bridge engineer, best known for the Old Bridge, Pontypridd (born 1719)
- November 28 - Friedrich August Krubsacius, German architect and architectural theoretician (born 1718)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1789.|