1793 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1783 . 1784 . 1785 . 1786 . 1787 . 1788 . 1789 ...
1790 1791 1792 -1793- 1794 1795 1796
... 1797 . 1798 . 1799 . 1800 . 1801 . 1802 . 1803 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1793 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
- March 8 - The Bishop of Popayán, making a pastoral visit to Rionegro, Antioquia, Colombia, finds "evil spirits" in the church, and arranges the construction of a new cathedral, the Concatedral de San Nicolás el Magno.
- August 8 - In Paris, France, the Académie d'architecture is suspended by the revolutionary National Convention, which decreed the abolition of the national academies.
- November 25 - The Prince Regent lays the foundation stone of the Chapel Royal, Brighton.
- date unknown
- English architect Thomas Baldwin, having been appointed as the Bath City Architect in 1775, is dismissed as a result of his rivalry with John Palmer of Bath.
- The Frydenlund mansion near Copenhagen, Denmark, designed by Caspar Frederik Harsdorff, is destroyed by fire. The Crown sells the estate to Karl Adolf Boheman, who refurbishes and expands Johan Cornelius Krieger's original house with the assistance of Jørgen Henrich Rawert.
- Church of Pentecost, Vinkovci, Croatia.
- George Washington's sixteen-sided barn (16 sides), the earliest recorded barn of that type.
- The West Boston Bridge, connecting Boston's West End to Cambridgeport: it spans 180 piers, and is 3483 feet (1100 m) long.
- Fort Pincastle, Nassau, Bahamas, built of native limestone, in the shape of an old paddle-wheel steamer: Fort Pincastle served as a lighthouse for a quarter century until the lighthouse on Hog Island started operating in 1817.
- March 23 - Vicko Andrić, Croatian architect (died 1866)
- December 16 - Frederik Ferdinand Friis, Danish architect, professor and Royal Building Inspector (died 1865)
- date unknown
- July 5 - Peter Anton von Verschaffelt, Flemish sculptor and architect (born 1710)
- October 26 - Karl Blank, Russian Baroque and Neoclassical architect (born 1728)
- Arteaga Valencia, Alvaro (1989). La Parroquia de mi Pueblo. Publicaciones San Antonio, Rionegro.
- "Images of England — detailed record, The Chapel Royal, North Street (north side), Brighton". Images of England. English Heritage. 2007. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "Frydenlund" (in Danish). Gyldendal. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "Novi hram na temeljima srušene svetinje". Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- Karaman, Dujam Srećko (1890). Andrić D. Vicko. Split: Narod.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1793.|