1800 in Canada
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Events from the year 1800 in Canada.
- Spain cedes Louisiana back to France.
- Alexander Mackenzie, the explorer, joins XY Fur Company
- May 30 - Bar of Quebec is founded
- January 3 - Etienne-Michel Faillon, Catholic historian (d.1870)
- August 22 - Edward Barron Chandler, politician (d.1880)
- October 21 - René-Édouard Caron, 2nd Mayor of Quebec City and 2nd Lieutenant-Governor of Quebec (d.1876)
- October 22 - James Ferrier, merchant, politician and 4th Mayor of Montreal (d.1888)
- November 21 - William Agar Adamson, Church of England clergyman and author (d.1868)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2010)|