1800 in music
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in music (table)|
|... 1790 . 1791 . 1792 . 1793 . 1794 . 1795 . 1796 ...
1797 1798 1799 -1800- 1801 1802 1803
... 1804 . 1805 . 1806 . 1807 . 1808 . 1809 . 1810 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
This is a list of music-related events in 1800.
- January 16 – Luigi Cherubini's opera, Les Deux Journées ("The Water Carrier"), is premièred in Paris at the Salle Feydeau.
- February 22 - Lorenzo da Ponte, best known as Mozart's former librettist, goes bankrupt in London; his partner in the publishing business, Jan Ladislav Dussek, has already gone into hiding.
- March 28 - Anton Weidinger gives the first public performance of Haydn's Trumpet Concerto in E flat major at the Vienna Burgtheater.
- April 2 – Beethoven's Symphony No. 1 debuts at the Burgtheater in Vienna.
- April 21 - Haydn's Creation is performed in London. In the interval, Samuel Wesley plays one of his own organ concertos.
- June 2 - The premiere of Cesare in Farmacusa, with music by Antonio Salieri and words by Carlo Prospero Defranceschi, takes place at the Kärntnertortheater, Vienna.
- September 6 - During Lord Nelson's visit to Eisenstadt, his companion Emma, Lady Hamilton, performs Haydn’s Arianna a Naxos and The Battle of the Nile, with Haydn himself on piano.
- September 16 – François-Adrien Boïeldieu's opera, Le calife de Bagdad, opens at Paris's Salle Favart.
- October 8 - Prince Franz Joseph von Lobkowitz pays Ludwig van Beethoven 200 florins for his String Quartets.
- October 14 - Nine-year-old prodigy Jakob Meyer Beer makes his début on the concert platform, playing a Mozart piano concerto; Jakob later reinvents himself as Giacomo Meyerbeer.
- December 1 - Franz Anton Hoffmeister and Ambrosius Kühnel establish the Bureau de Musique, a music publishing company, in Leipzig.
- Ludwig van Beethoven
- Leopold Kozeluch - Three Grand Sonatas for piano accompanied by violin and cello
- Johann Friedrich Reichardt - Der Jubel oder Juchhei (liederspiel)
- January 1
- January 11 - Giuseppina Ronzi de Begnis, Italian operatic soprano (died 1853)
- January 14 – Ludwig von Köchel, music researcher and composer (died 1877)
- August 26 - Joseph Christoph Kessler, German pianist and composer (died 1872)
- November 4 – Eduard Brendler, composer (died 1831)
- date unknown - Maria Caterina Rosalbina Caradori-Allan, French operatic soprano (died 1865)
- January 4 - Giovanni Battista Mancini, Italian castrato and singing teacher (born 1714)
- March 20 - Maria Anna Aloysia Apollonia Keller, estranged wife of Joseph Haydn (born 1729)
- April 29 – Johann Christian Fischer, oboist and composer (born 1733)
- May 7 – Niccola Piccinni, composer (born 1728)
- June 6 – Margareta Sofia Lagerqvist (born 1771)
- June 10 – Johann Abraham Peter Schulz, composer (born 1747)
- June 11 - Margarethe Danzi, German composer and soprano (born 1768)
- August 3 – Carl Friedrich Christian Fasch, harpsichordist and composer (born 1736)
- September 8 - Pierre Gaviniès, French violinist and composer (born 1728)
- September 26 – William Billings, America's first major composer (born 1746)
- September 27 - Hyacinthe Jadin, French composer (born 1776; tuberculosis)