1801 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1801
List of years in Denmark
- 3 March – Battle of West Kay: the Danish brig HDMS Lougen is attacked by two British vessels at West Kay in the Danish West Indies.
- 2 April – The Battle of Copenhagen takes place.
- 9 April – A meeting between Crown Prince Frederik and Vice Admiral Lord Nelson at Amalienborg Palace results in a ceasefire. Denmark has to leave the neutrality pact.
- 6 July – The first vaccination against smallpox in Denmark is made, using the method invented by Edward Jenner.
- Exercise is for the first time introduced in the curriculum of a state school in Denmark.
- 14 June – Peter Wilhelm Lund, natural scientist (died 1880)
- 24 June – Jørgen Valentin Sonne, painter (died 1890)
- 13 October – Søren Hjorth, railway pioneer and inventor (died 1870)
- "1801" (in Danish). Selskabet for Københavns Historie. Retrieved 2011-05-24.