1803 in Canada
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Events from the year 1803 in Canada.
- Thomas Jefferson completes Louisiana Purchase extending U.S. control west of the Mississippi River; federal plans to resettle Eastern tribes beyond the Mississippi soon begin.
- John Colter becomes the fourth man selected by William Clark to join the Lewis and Clark Expedition.
- The XY Company is reorganized under Alexander Mackenzie's name.
- Canadian Regiment of Fencible Infantry is created in Montreal.
- October 13 - Augustin-Norbert Morin, lawyer, judge, politician and Joint Premier of the Province of Canada (d.1865)
- December 6 - Susanna Moodie, writer (d.1885)
Full date unknown
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2010)|