1808 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1808 in Denmark.
- Monarch – Christian VII (until 13 March 1808), Frederick VI
- Prime minister – Christian Günther von Bernstorff
- March 2 – Action of 2, a naval battle between the British 18-gun Brig-sloop HMS Sappho, and the Danish 28-gun Danish Brig of war Admiral Yawl
- March 20 – In the Battle of Zealand Point, Prins Christian, the last Danish ship-of-the-line, is defeated by a British squadron off Sjællands Odde. Peter Willemoes are among the Danish casualties.
- June 9 – The Battle of Saltholm
- January 3 – Jørgen Roed, painter (died 1888)
- September 25 – Erling Eckersberg, engraver (died 1889)
- October 6 – Frederick VII, king of Denmark (died 1863)
- March 3 – Johan Christian Fabricius, zoologist (born 1745)
- March 13 – Christian VII, king of Denmark (died 1749)