180 Smoke Electronic Cigarette
180 Smoke Electronic Cigarette is a Canadian electronic cigarette company emphasizing harm reduction tools for smokers. The company was co-founded by renowned heart surgeon Dr. Gopal Bhatnagar and crowd-sourced from thousands of smokers in 2012.
In April 2014, to raise awareness about harms of hookah smoking, which is used by over 100 million people daily, and to tackle widespread myths, 180 Smoke released a 3D printable hookah adapter for free under a Creative Commons licence. The adapter helps convert any traditional hookah into an "e hookah" with use of electronic cigarettes or other electronic vaporizers. A user can download it for free and get it "3D printed" in a material of choice locally or order online on sites like Shapeways. This adapter allows users to take advantage of electronic vaporizer technology to mimic the act of hookah smoking.
- "Vaping: The battle for acceptance is rising". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "Nicotine & E-Cigarettes". CTV News – via YouTube.com.
- "180 Smoke Self Review 2013". 180smoke.ca. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "Hookah is not harmless, experts say". Reuters. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "Canadian Heart Surgeon Releases a Free Open-Source 3D Printable Electronic Hookah/Shisha Converter". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "3D Printable Hookah can save millions". 3D Printing Industry. Retrieved 2014-05-28.
- "CBC Evening News: Windsor April 25, 2014". CBC News. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "About 180 Smoke". 180smoke.ca. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|