1811 in rail transport
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in rail transport|
This article lists events related to rail transport that occurred in 1811.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2012)|
- February 20 - Thomas Kirtley, locomotive superintendent of North Midland Railway 1843-1844, and London, Brighton and South Coast Railway in 1847, is born (d. 1847).
- June 24 - Hezekiah C. Seymour, chief engineer for Ontario, Huron and Lake Simcoe Railroad, is born (d. 1853).
- August - Ginery Twichell, president of the Boston and Worcester Railroad beginning in 1857, president of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway 1870–1873 (d. 1883). (note, Congress Bioguide lists August 26, while Waters lists August 22)
Unknown date births
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- "Ginery Twichell". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved 15 July 2005.
- Waters, Lawrence L. (1950). Steel Trails to Santa Fe. Lawrence, Kansas: University of Kansas Press. pp. 43–44.