1828 in Canada
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Years in Canada:||1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831|
|Centuries:||18th century · 19th century · 20th century|
|Decades:||1790s 1800s 1810s 1820s 1830s 1840s 1850s|
|Years:||1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831|
|Part of a series on the|
|History of Canada|
Events from the year 1828 in Canada.
- William Lyon Mackenzie elected to the Assembly with the first Reform majority.
- Settlement begins in Stratford, Ontario
- A memorandum is sent by the Parti Patriote to the British Parliament listing grievances over lack of power for the elected assembly and other issues.
- January 23 - John Carling, businessman and politician (died 1911)
- April 1 - William Whiteway, politician and three time Premier of Newfoundland (died 1908)
- May 25 - James McIntyre, poet (died 1906)
- October 5 - Alexander Gunn, politician (died 1907)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2011)|